AMENA Group Environmental Policy
The management and staff at AMENA Group believe that we have a responsibility to care for and protect the environment in which we operate. We are fully committed to improving environmental performance across all of our business activities, and will encourage our business partners and members of the wider community to join us in this effort.
- Caring for the environment and the prevention of pollution.
- Abiding by all relevant environmental legislation and applicable requirements.
- Minimising waste, promote recycling, reducing energy and raw material consumption and reducing harmful emissions through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Working with suppliers to promote positive environmental actions.
- Continually improving our environmental performance by setting objective, actions and targets.
- Communicating our policy within our organisation and to the public.
The management and staff of the AMENA Group believe that to achieve our goals of becoming an environmentally friendly company in all our operations, we must lead not only economically, but environmentally and socially as well. The company understands that it is in a prominent position to affect the environment in our operation. Our objective is not only to sustain our environment for our descendants but also to rehabilitate the damage previously done. We believe that our corporate responsibility goes beyond our proprietary borders and we endeavour to cooperate with our neighbours and our suppliers to develop our business in a sustainable manner. Every effort will be made to conserve resources throughout our operations.
- Our purchasing department will seek products and services of local origin and that are environmentally benign. Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible (e.g. recycled, FSC or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable sources).
- The company will choose to hire locally wherever possible.
- Our success will be determined on a yearly basis with a commitment to improve.
- Our ultimate success depends on the environment of the workplace and the city and countries of our operations.
- Furthermore, the company will not only meet existing environmental laws and regulations but go beyond the status quo and seek techniques and approaches that position us ahead of the competition.
- Adopt the highest level of environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements.
- Assess our organisational activities and identify areas where we can minimise impacts.
- Publicise our environmental position
- Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
- Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations.
- Adopt an environmentally sound transport strategy
- Aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where appropriate.
- Assist in developing solutions to environmental problems.
- Our policy towards the environment will be readily available and promoted to our business partners and clients.
Everyone is responsible for the environmental aspects of the company and for reducing their impact.